Monday, January 9, 2012

TTC'ing

It was a little over a year ago that Shelly I and decided to try for a baby. I'll start by stating the obvious, I'm a guy, and most of this post will reflect that fact. We had originally planned to start in April but she informed me that sometimes it take couples up to 12 months to 'complete the task' of conception. I was floored by this fact and told her it would probably take me one try.

Someone gave us 'What to Expect Before You're Expecting' and since it only took us two tries, I never got to finish it. That book is pretty hilarious with all the acronyms. For instance, TTC'ing means, trying to conceive. (Someone actually talked to us in this language and it's hard to follow. How's the TTC'ing going? Are you sending FTA's? Was it a BFP or BFN?) I'm serious about this.

We learned we were pregnant (we weren't really pregnant, just Shelly) at the end of last January and we were both very excited about it. Shelly was outwardly excited and me on the inside. She was very concerned about this lack of emotion from me but I told her to refer to what I told all of you in the second sentence. Her pregnancy, for the most part, was pretty smooth, for me that is. For her it wasn't, with all the puking and stupid doctors and what not, but I had a good time with a 9 month DD. I did have to learn a lot about baby things, clothes, strollers, play pens, etc. You might be surprised to learn that I put the crib together all by myself.

We decided early on that having a baby is like having a birthday for 9 months. Everybody seemed to treat Shelly with this ultimate respect (except for one person) and I'm going to say right now she deserved every bit of it. She did have a lot of morning sickness and stomach pains (which we learned was her Gall Bladder) plus some unexpected, pretty serious drama on the friendship front. She got through it like a champ and then found out she was going to be induced. That was some fun, I'll tell you that right now. Or next time.

My coaching business is up and running. I got my first customer yesterday and I'll be starting P90X2 after school today. I haven't worked out since Thanksgiving due to a small injury and a lot of company so I'm excited to get back to it. I've gained 7 pounds since then but with all the garbage I've been eating I'm sure it would've been more if I hadn't been drinking Shakeology. Also, pretty excited to find out Paige's babysitter is a Beachbody Coach as well, and she does P90X. Glad to know our daughter is in the right hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment