Monday, January 30, 2012

The Ballad of the Rav 4

On New Year's Eve Shelly, Paige, and I were on our way to pick my brother Brian and his Fiance Sara up from the airport. We hit some debris on the freeway and really didn't think it was a big deal. After picking them up we proceeded down the freeway and slowly noticed some odd things going on with the car. It ended up dying right as we pulled off on our exit. We figured it was just a hose that leaked all the transmission fluid. No fun. Our friend Melissa picked up the ladies while Brian and I waited for the tow truck.


A couple days and uncomfortable car rides later (imagine me, Shelly, Brian, Sara, and Paige's carseat all jammed into my Saturn Ion) we found out the engine was totaled. After all the insurance quotes and inspections we found out Horace Mann wanted to charge us $287 on top of our deductible for 'Betterment'. That meant, since we used the car we had to pay for a percentage of the use of the engine before they'd fix it. We canceled and went to State Farm, saving $85 a month on our insurance.

We were told the car wouldn't be fixed until mid February and only had a rental until January 20th. This was getting fun. Luckily, the parts got to the dealership and we were only stuck in my Saturn for a week. We got the car back and celebrated by going to Starbucks only to find out the window was automatically rolling itself down about three inches. Pretty hilarious. We made an appointment to get that fixed and went to run some errands (which means, buy stuff for Paige) and found the car idling in a bad way. Engine lights came on and we literally did not think we were going to make it home. We did. That was yesterday and we are back in the Saturn, again.

In Paige news, we just bought the (Baby) Bullet so Paige doesn't have to eat disgusting canned baby food. Our friends who have babies have reccomended so it better be great! After Paige rolled over I've noticed myself telling a lot of people about it. Not only am I telling them but I act like I had something to do with it. Thus begins me taking credit for anything great Paige accomplishes. Her four month check up went great up until the point where they gave her three shots and sent her home with us. She's not too happy about it and I think she blames us.

I beat the cold and am back at P90X2. Excited for my Challenge group to start next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment