Sunday, January 8, 2012

Can't Sleep

I literally can't sleep because of how awesome I think this blog thing is going to be.  I understand people have been writing them for years now and I've seen Julie and Julia, (maybe at some point I'll try to cook through the Costco cookbook I got for Christmas).  I may be a little late to the party but one thing I learned in college is, you want to be late to a party. 

Why do I think it's going to be awesome?  For starters, I know that three people have already read it.  For seconds, which everybody loves, I'm not good at anything and I want to be good at this.  Here is a list of what I'm good at: cleaning, driving, eating, drinking, and working out.  Things I'm bad at: everything else.  I can't do simple household repairs to save my life.  Ask my wife about hanging blinds, curtains, pictures, or anything else.  Within two minutes I become unspeakable mad because of how bad I am at it.  I don't know anything about cars, football statistics, guns, and mostly every other typical area of manliness.  That's probably why I drink Bourbon.  It's the one manly thing I do.  Oh, and tons and tons of push ups.  I'm good at those. 

I'll be cranking out some blogs to get us up to speed.  I will detail the journey of learning about my wife being pregnant to finding out that taking care of a baby isn't all that hard.   Then I'll talk a little bit about the 'slipping on wrapping paper' incident which prevented me from working out for a month.  And, hopefully at that point I can just fill you in on current events.  To my three readers, thank you.  Here's to the hundreds I will have very soon!

1 comment: